Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Marine Electronics: Combine Old & New

James Studdart

Bill, did you mean to say that the triton is NMEA2000? It's the first I've heard of a 3000. I believe some of the B&G plotters can forward sentences from NMEA 0183 to 2000. The usefulness of those sentences may vary though! I'm going to try exactly this (when I find the right boat) with the Vesper Marine AIS transponder (it can also forward sentences) and/or possibly a B&G plotter.

Cheers,
James.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:59 AM yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

BTW, I checked with Tinley regarding the integration of the newest generation of B&G, Triton instruments with Hydra 2000. Unfortunately,Triton, is NMEA 3000 and cannot be integrated with Hydra 2000.

I really like some of the Triton touch screen devices. Maybe someday Tinley will make one of their "black boxes" which allows this integration.

Bill
BeBe 387