Re: Corian Countertops

jjwiggin2000 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., "tabnchuck" <c.luecker@v...> wrote:
We are taking delivery on Dec. 9, '02 and are trying to piece
together our final wish, I mean options, list. Does anyone have an
opinion about the Corian option for the galley countertops? Joel
has
made a pretty hard sell (one of the few...) and we are a little
reluctant because of some homeowner friends who have had problems
with staining and scratches. Why would Amel offer an inferior
option
when they have the trendy "retro" goldenrod sink and classic Johnson
& Johnson Bandaid brown gelcoat?

Is there a down side to the corian tops and white sink?

Is the warm water cockpit shower helpful?

Thanks for the replies, its great to see the site up and running
with
some very good input.
We opted for the Corian since we had put in an all white countertop
and sink in our Fla. condo about 3 years ago and have been very
pleased. You must never cut on it, always use a cutting board. I
have had no problems cleaning such things as red wine or anything
else with Bon Ami, which does not sctatch. My understanding is that
the alternative is gelcoat/fiberglass material. Do you think you can
put a hot pot on that without damage?

Jim Wiggin
Chuck, Tabitha, Joshua(10), Ariella(9), & August(8) Luecker