Re: Changes to Yahoo

Aras Grinius <n33077@...>

Change seems inevitable.  Technology changes, so must we if we wish to keep up.  There’s lots of discussion regarding thesechanges /proposals.  I’d like to try andsee if we might get consensus on just exactly what is being proposed.1)     There is a proposal to change the forum.  a.      Do we change the location to something likeGoogle Groups? Or some fee paid service? Or keep our current location?2)     Format changesa.      There is conversation about re-organizing thedatabase.  There seems to be a 50/50split on this.  b.     Reorganize the database to make searches easierc.      Categorize based boat systems                                                              i.     Sub categories on boat model  (Super Maramu’s  are the lions share; however all would benefitif all models were represented )d.     Standardized format for submissions                                                               i.     Based on DATE, Repair, Component /subsystem.  1.      Pictures may be an issue.                                                            ii.     Should we have a standard form to fill out forprocess of repairs?1.      Steps delineated by Step 1, Step 2, etc?2.      Narrative format?3)  Should we examine possible group for format/organization?

The above is just a suggestion for a format.   Looking forward to hearing the responses.
Aras

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.