Re: Head pump

Willem J. Kroes <willem.j.kroes@...>

I had the same problem this year, but for the first time in 4 years,
afther having replaced both toilets on my Santorin 1992 (with
standard Jabsco's).
I changed the joker valve, and this cured the problem, in any case
for the rest of the season. But, when looking at the failing valve
(new in 2002), I noticed that there was a little bit of play between
the two rubber lips in crossed position. There is another (older)
type of joker valve used in the original R&M toilets, Amel fitted in
the early SM's and Santorins 15 years ago, with just one horizontal
lip. I suppose this type of joker valve will withstand the backflow
pressure better than the new type.

Best Regards,

Willem J. Kroes
Amel Santorin #69
"Kavanga"

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Udo J. Reich" <udo@...>
wrote:

We have the same problem with our forward tank. I see two
solutions. One is
a one way valve as Gary has suggested. The other one would be to
refit the
tank so that the inflow from the bowl goes into the tank towards
the top of
the tank. Let me know if you come up with any solutions

Udo J. Reich

_____