Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: MaxiProp order form question

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

Hi Bob

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a copy of this diagram; I do in
fact already have this. What I think I need in order to complete the
specification for the MaxProp is the reduction in the gearbox. Any
ideas? If not, I guess I'll send them what I have plus your notes and
see if they can sort it out. Best thing would be if I could get a
reply from Olivier.

Regards, Roger, Mango 28 Zorba

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>
wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a factoid please, having
tried Olivier without response unfortunately. I own Mango 28,
built
in 1982. It has the Perkins 4.236 motor with Hurth HBW400-2R
gearbox.
For the purpose of ordering a MaxiProp, can you please let me know
what would be the reduction at the propellor?

Regards, Roger, Mango 28, Zorba

Roger,

I posted the mechanical drawing of the prop shaft in the pistures
section. It appears to be the original drawing from Juin 1977. I have
a few notes from our installation in 1992. The shaft is 35 mm, Zinks
are 70mm, Prop is 22". For pitch adjustment: Blade Setting angle 20
degrees-15.0. Right rotation 20 degrees, X (-) is K, Y (.) is E
Let me know if this is sufficient.
Bob
Tempest
Mango 44