Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: current cost of ACMO rigging for Super Maramu

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Hi All,

Thought you might be interested to hear of some quotes that I got from Emek on re rigging. They tell me that they use ACMO, have rerigged 22 Amels to date ( I guess through their subcontractor) and quote 8,000 Euros for the rigging and its  installation.

Also, to replace the main outhaul gearbox they quote 660 Euros plus 120 Euros labour.

These seem to me to be reasonably competitive prices.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Preveza

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 12 December 2015 15:58
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: current cost of ACMO rigging for Super Maramu

Bill, Mark, Alain, Bob & Suzanne, Colin & Laura,

Thanks for all your comments. Really useful and encouraging.

I look forward to hearing of Sabbatical's experience next spring.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Preveza

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Colin Streeter colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 12 December 2015 09:18
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: current cost of ACMO rigging for Super Maramu

Bill & Ian
Yes Riza does sell ACMO rigging. We purchased a complete set from him recently and had it air freighted to Australia along with a set of his davits. Everything arrived perfectly to spec and it has been easy for a local rigger install it for us. With all but the forestay and triac already fitted we have not had any problems replacing the rigging so far at all and absolutely every bit is new. Price was a little higher than the other quotes I've seen on this forum, plus we had to pay airfreight and import duty into Australia unfortunately, however with the Indian, two Atlantic crossings and the Pacific in front of us the investment provided good peace of mind rather than having it made up locally.
Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53
Brisbane, Australia

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,    Thanks. We are looking closely at whether to cruise Turkey next year, though conscious of  an old John Wayne line about why put yourself in a place of danger, so we will see how the refugee and Daesh story unfolds. It does seem that a lot of boats have already pulled out in the last few months, which could make Turkey the bargain of the E Med.
 We are safely tucked up ashore but the Ionian could become a rather crowded sea next year.
 In the meantime, if anyone has a good story about where to re-rig, using ACMO gear, in Turkey or Greece, it would be good to know.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM302, Preveza

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:02:17 +0000

Ian, last time I was at Emek, they had new inventory from ACMO for a Super Maramu.

I do not know the price, or whether they still have it, but it might be worth getting in touch with them...I think that they are a distributor for ACMO. I am fairly sure that EMEK subcontracts rigging work, just as Amel does at both yards. I do not know anyone that has had rigging work done at Emek.

Bill
BeBe #387
Tenerife Canary Islands

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
                   I am interested to see that you are in Fethiye. Are you at the Emek yard and if so are you looking to have them rerig you ? Do you know of anyone else who has been rerigged there and if so what there experience was ? We have that in mind for next year, though we are watching the Turkish political situation carefully. My guess is that Fethiye is too far east to be involved with the refugee problems, but it would be interesting to hear from the front line,as it were.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.