Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh water pump runs constantly.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

JP,

I wish that you had stated which water pump you have and what pressure the system is achieving....you did not, so my answers are in general terms.

The following is the most likely listed first:
  1. The one-way valve on the pump is not sealing
  2. The pressure switch and/or valve is malfunctioning
  3. The impeller is damaged or not keyed to the shaft.
  4. There is an open line or tap somewhere
Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM, jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

I cannot find anything in the "conversations" though I recall it being discussed in the past. (The search function is hidden where???)

As the title says... I suspect it is a pressure sensor problem.  can anyone offer some guidance? Remember my girl is an early hull but most everything aboard is new...

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain

SY Eleuthera, SM 007