Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh water pump runs constantly.

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Peter,

I followed your trip during the ARC.  Well done getting to St Lucia..  Onan running fine after I corrected various problems caused by.....

I have installed an “impeller blade catcher” in the feed to the heat exchanger and also installed a spring loaded “non return valve” in the raw water feed to the impeller.  No more dry running for the impeller or digging out impeller blades in the heat exchanger.

Hopefully this mod will stand the test of time. :-)

Cheers and Seasons Greetings to you and your wife.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 16 Dec 2015, at 11:38, Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

An open tap - Ohoh.

We are in St Lucia - hope you are having fun.

Onan still going well - so far/

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Travelling West in the Atlantic Ocean

On 16 Dec 2015, at 01:53, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Amel Gang,

Dumb mistake… DUMB!!

We have Xmas decos on our combing to the port side of the gangway including an extension cord for the individual light strings.

One of the other liveaboards wanted to inspect our new electronic installation and I powered all the cockpit electric busses in order to demonstrate.  Guess what? the extension cord activated the anchor wash water pump switch… (we have fresh water anchor wash thus the pump ran constantly until I witnessed the big red light.)

DOH!

Problem solved. :-)  Thank you Bill… pump type now noted.

On 15 Dec 2015, at 18:15, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

JP,

I wish that you had stated which water pump you have and what pressure the system is achieving....you did not, so my answers are in general terms.

The following is the most likely listed first:
  1. The one-way valve on the pump is not sealing
  2. The pressure switch and/or valve is malfunctioning
  3. The impeller is damaged or not keyed to the shaft.
  4. There is an open line or tap somewhere
Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM, jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

I cannot find anything in the "conversations" though I recall it being discussed in the past. (The search function is hidden where???)

As the title says... I suspect it is a pressure sensor problem.  can anyone offer some guidance? Remember my girl is an early hull but most everything aboard is new...

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain

SY Eleuthera, SM 007

Posted by: "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...>