Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Davits for a SM

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Stephanie,

We have the Solar/Gantry.  Ours has the lateral braces, which I believe are now standard with the package.  If not standard, insure you spec them in the buy.

However, carrying the dinghy in the Emek davits is not a perfect fit and you will need to attach 2 jamb lines (fore and aft of the dinghy) to prevent the dinghy from swaying to and fro and ragging during passage.  We tried a couple of times y in davits but it is not very convenient.  Our annex is an alu AB 9.5 (37Kgs) with a Yamaha 2 stroke 15 HP (also about 37Kgs).  Anything much larger might not fit.

We now haul out the engine into the aft lazarette and carry the dinghy inverted atop of the forward cabin.

If you choose the EMEK unit, ensure you get triple swivel blocks to haul out the dinghy.  You can also rid the aft deck of the passerelle trapeze and use the dinghy swivel blocks to hoist the passerelle.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 16 Dec 2015, at 14:05, Stephanie DiBelardino stephiedib@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good Morning from The Bahamas!

How do I contact Emek to get a quote on davits -- with the Euro down, and demand down, it makes sense to buy now. Realistically, our SM will never do more than occasional island-hopping ( I suffer from sea-sickness big time, caused by a small, benign tumor on a nerve - something extra that I arrived on this earth with) but still the convenience of having the dinghy davits is very sppealing.

Feed-back from a friend in Istanbul: The PM and his cabinet are very traditional Moslems, not forward-thinking like Attaturk, the "founder" of modern Turkey, so there is already strife within. The fact that they have been overrun with upwards of 1,000,000 Syrians that have stayed in Turkey plus the millions who have passed through, has placed an overwhelming burden on pocket of the government, which already has big holes from bureaucracy and corruption.

Fair Winds!
Stephanie
SM 353 Indecent

Posted by: Stephanie DiBelardino <stephiedib@...>