Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh water pump runs constantly.

karkauai

Don't feel like you're alone, JP,
I had a crew member cleaning the helm station while I worked on the deck.  She hit the anchor wash switch and didn't recognize it.  I still have a sea water wash, and have put a hose on that pump which is stored in the port locker.  By the time I discovered it, the lockers were filled almost to the top with harbor water.

But then, she was sitting on the water line for a while anyway.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Dec 16, 2015, at 12:53 AM, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Amel Gang,

Dumb mistake… DUMB!!

We have Xmas decos on our combing to the port side of the gangway including an extension cord for the individual light strings.

One of the other liveaboards wanted to inspect our new electronic installation and I powered all the cockpit electric busses in order to demonstrate.  Guess what? the extension cord activated the anchor wash water pump switch… (we have fresh water anchor wash thus the pump ran constantly until I witnessed the big red light.)

DOH!

Problem solved. :-)  Thank you Bill… pump type now noted.

On 15 Dec 2015, at 18:15, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

JP,

I wish that you had stated which water pump you have and what pressure the system is achieving....you did not, so my answers are in general terms.

The following is the most likely listed first:
  1. The one-way valve on the pump is not sealing
  2. The pressure switch and/or valve is malfunctioning
  3. The impeller is damaged or not keyed to the shaft.
  4. There is an open line or tap somewhere
Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM, jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

I cannot find anything in the "conversations" though I recall it being discussed in the past. (The search function is hidden where???)

As the title says... I suspect it is a pressure sensor problem.  can anyone offer some guidance? Remember my girl is an early hull but most everything aboard is new...

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain

SY Eleuthera, SM 007

Posted by: "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...>