Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Head pump

milesbidwell <mbidwell@...>

I have found that two liters of pickling strength vinegar and fresh
water pumped through the toilet into the holding tank once a month
makes the jocker valves last much long and largly stops any
backflow. When ever I see any sign of backflow, I change the jocker
valve. This usually fixes the problem for at least two or three
months.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Udo J. Reich" <udo@...>
wrote:

We have the same problem with our forward tank. I see two
solutions. One is
a one way valve as Gary has suggested. The other one would be to
refit the
tank so that the inflow from the bowl goes into the tank towards
the top of
the tank. Let me know if you come up with any solutions

Udo J. Reich

_____