Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

eric freedman

Hi Kent,

Would you mind summarizing the steps you have taken to measure your ”problem”

and your findings?

What do you perceive is wrong? Is it the fact that there is voltage between the bonding and the 24 volt battery negative.

As an additional thought, there is a battery shunt behind the outboard side of the battery bank “tub”.

The negative for the entire battery bank is connected to one side of the shunt an the DC for the boat is connected to the other side.

Did you inspect it to see if there is some type of short between it and the bonding.

My second thought is possibly the battery monitor has some connection to the bonding somewhere.

On the shunt there are some small wires to operate the battery monitor. Did you try  disconnecting all of them,  let them hang and try to see if you still have a connection between the bonding and the DC negative?

Don’t forget to mark them as to where they go.  Leave the big negative cables connected to the shunt otherwise you will have no DC on the boat.

You did check the bonding between  the DC negative and the case of the battery charger ?

Also the inverter.  Did you isolate these items?

Really grabbing at straws here.

However you have peaked my interest and I can’t wait to get back to Kimberlite and see what I find.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Did you open and remove the fuse behind the battery switches?