Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Steaming light & mast climbing

eric freedman

I was told by Olivier years ago that the ballooner halyard is not strong enough to hold up a sail. I have since

Changed it to Vectran and use it as a halyard sometimes.

The best Halyard to use to go up the mast  is the spinnaker halyard..

I had mine made long enough to reach the primary winches when Kimberlite was made..

I attach a block forward , run it through the genoa block near the winch and use the powerful electric winch.

I use the Balooner halyard as a safety.

That requires 3 people to do the work.

Fair Winds

Eric