Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Steaming light & mast climbing

eric freedman

With respect to hauling someone up the mast. I never put the line in the jaws of the electric  winch. If it runs away I have control, and my fingers.

As I mentioned I use the new vectran ballooner halyard .

Both are tied on to the bosuns chair with bowlines.

I installed the LED lamp that Alexandre suggested—it is a brilliant white light and should last a very long time

I used the smaller beam angle for the mast and the wider beam angle for the cockpit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376