Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM chain counter

Dr. Seidel <mseidel@...>

Re:chain counter-Sundance, sm349 has the same problem.ie. counts up in seconds. Will tackle this winter and post it if we can solve it. Murray Seidel, Wilmington, N.C.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Shepherd" <ocean53@spidernet.com.cy>
To: <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM chain counter

Hello Mike,

I have a problem with my chain counter too. When at anchor, the reading
slowly counts down, though never up. I have contacted Pochon and they say
that it is a fault in the circuit board in the display meter. They say they
can fix it if I send the meter back to them. I would say that your problem
is also on this board.

My problem seems to be worse in high temperatures. I wonder where you are
located right now? Also, can you tell me if the two 13 mm holes in the side
of the sensor that is bolted to the left hand side of the windlass are
uncovered, or are they fitted with rubber plugs to keep moisture out? Mine
are open, which seems a a little odd.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader