Re: regular service for the 220V high pressure watermaker pump?

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Hi Mark

Yes the pump oilneeds to be changed every 500 hours or every few
years. It is quite a simple procedure. make sure you use the proper
CAT oil for the pump. I understand its some kind of soy/vegetable oil
that will not contaminate the water in case of a leak.

Vito

ASM 283

Wanderer

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "markmpitt" <mark_pitt@...>
wrote:

I have a Super Maramu with the 150 liter per hour watermaker.
Does
the 220V high-pressure pump require some kind of regular service? I
do not have any documentation recommending any maintenance but I want
to be certain before I head out to sea. It is the "Cat Pump" with the
blue oil reservoir and the faucet drain. Do I need to change oil or
seals? The pump works fine.

Mark "Sabbatical III" ASM #419