Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Failed Dolphin Chargers

jlm@jlmertz.fr

For 3 years ago I tried to reaper the 50A Dolphin charger and lost my time and found that the quality of this unit is to bad and never will work properly ... so I put it in the bean and bought a 60A Master Volt unit .... I am very happy with my new MasterVolt charger.
Be careful with 100A charger to not burn the batteries (specially by using both together 100+30=130A!)
Jean-Luc On CottonBay
SM316

Le 28/12/2015 02:01, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Did you try washing down the units with fresh water?

Use a lot of water and let them dry for days.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 11:09 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Failed Dolphin Chargers

My high pressure Dessalator hose burst yesterday and filled engine compartment with saltwater (ironically, I planned on replacing hoses next week).  The original Dolphin 50 and 30 amp chargers shut down.  The 50 amp displays a temp fault and the 30 amp a fuse fault.  I suspect they are toast but not sure.  Does anyone know a routine I can follow to trouble the units?  I am not sure where all the fuses are for the units but do know about the ceramic fuse in the 30 amp.  It looks fine.

What replacement units would you recommend?  I thought maybe a 100 amp Master
Volt unit but not sure my existing wiring would support the current? 

Any advise would be appreciated. With both units down, I need to move quickly.   I'm in the Virgin Islands so should be able to source an acceptable unit locally. 

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM #347

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.