Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Speed

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Hi Bill yes we sailed up from Grenada in 2.5 day run on a nice reach. Due to some crew schedule issues we shall layup here for a few weeks and continue north toward Bermuda saying in the warm waters on the easterly trades before turning left to Norfolk to clear in. We have made a few repairs before starting out she a good old boat that with some TLC will do Jay well.
Happy New Years

Regards
Capt Richard Piller
603-767-5330

On Dec 20, 2015, at 09:41, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jay,

You are not going to find (m)any racers in the Amel Yacht Owners Group. Most people that buy Amels don't race them, but it is a wonderful downwind boat for crossing oceans.

Has Captain Pillar left Grenada in your newly acquired Mango?

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM, J Wagamon jwagam@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Anybody know the PHRF and max hull speed on the Amel Mango? US Sailing does not list it.

Thanks
Jay