Intermittent bow thruster - Maramu

grahamjcresswell@...

I'm a very new owner of a Maramu and yesterday I had an apparent failure of the bow thruster.  Although it was obvious that the motor was turning, the bow did not respond.  After I got on to my berth (with difficulty - I'm still learning to handle it in reverse!) I tried it again and it worked normally.

Can anyone offer an explanation and, if possible, a course of action. I considered cavitation (unlikely, I think), or the prop slipping on its drive shaft or some foreign object like a plastic bag or piece of weed obstructing the prop.

Can anyone offer other ideas or experience?

Graham Cresswell
SV Jamesby
Maramy #240