Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Santorin: Why no starter battery?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bob,

Bob, KAIMI S&M :-) 429 wrote: "("BeBe Bill" pressured me into posting this)"

I never realized I had such an influence on you. However, come polish my boat as soon as possible! ;)  ;)  :>)

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 10:47 AM, rossidesigngroup@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My 1993 Santorin #86 had a single dedicated 12V 31 series battery for starting in its own Amel factory battery box near the back of the engine. Was charged by the engine alternator along with house 31s using a battery isolator. When I bought her in 2003 ABYC standards required a manual shut off switch to the starter battery (house already had the Amel lever). This was to prevent a fire in the case of a stuck starter. A 250 amp fuse was also required for the house batteries, never needed replacement despite the judicious use of the bow thruster.

Bob, KAIMI S&M :-) 429 ("BeBe Bill" pressured me into posting this)