Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Yanmar Engine issue

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Hi Rick,

In addition to all of the mentioned items, you might try reversing the plate that covers the raw water impeller.

Sometimes it gets warped. I had the same problem at different times and have found a bad plate, an O ring that needed to be replaced, and the replacement of the raw water pump due to wear of the pump body.

To prevent melting the muffler again , I would suggest buying a Borel Mfg. exhaust hose temperature alarm.

It is a very simple install and costs about $90- US. I posted a photo of my melted muffler years ago.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376