Re: Corian Countertops

hollambyuk <hollamby@...>

-We have Bali Hai,Super Maramu No 319 which is 15 months old.We think
the standard galley work tops are fine although Anne would prefer a
S/S sink. However when we got the boat in La Rochelle we bought two
wooden carving boards 17 x 11.5 inches and eight 40mm rubber
doorstops at Carrefour which is a great French supermarket chain. We
pulled out the s/s bow handle on each board and fitted the door stops
as feet so that the top of the boards is a bit higher than the
worktop surrounds. Being wood they are impervious to hot pans and
double as a tray to put hot dishes on the dining table or serve as
cheese boards !
One essential extra which we did not know about is to have vinyl
windows welded into the Bimini over the helmsmans seat as mere
mortals will find it difficult/impossible to trim the sails from the
cockpit when they are not visible!! We were told that this is a nil
cost extra if ordered at the beginning but it is quite expensive to
have done later as the whole bimini has to be dismantled and
removed/replaced. The back curtain to the bimini is also essential in
inclement weather at sea or at anchor.
Regards from sunny Malta, Anne and John
...amelyachtowners@y..., "tabnchuck" <c.luecker@v...> wrote:
We are taking delivery on Dec. 9, '02 and are trying to piece
together our final wish, I mean options, list. Does anyone have an
opinion about the Corian option for the galley countertops? Joel
has
made a pretty hard sell (one of the few...) and we are a little
reluctant because of some homeowner friends who have had problems
with staining and scratches. Why would Amel offer an inferior
option
when they have the trendy "retro" goldenrod sink and classic
Johnson
& Johnson Bandaid brown gelcoat?

Is there a down side to the corian tops and white sink?

Is the warm water cockpit shower helpful?

Thanks for the replies, its great to see the site up and running
with
some very good input.

Chuck, Tabitha, Joshua(10), Ariella(9), & August(8) Luecker