Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] thru hull maintenance

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 8:41 PM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone can provide some pointers or methods used that they practice to maintain thru hulls. Particularly, the main sea strainer in the engine room. Had some growth that was restricting water flow and I had to clear out a bunch of mussels and jellies. I got really technical and used a dowel I had laying around. Flow was restored however it brings this issue to mind. No big deal, just wondering if anyone had any trick they use to prevent grow or remove when necessary.

Many thanks,

Bill Maffei

SM #195

It's all Good