Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Combination anchor tri color light

Siviero Attilio <attilio.siviero@...>

Also NASA Marine, in Europe, has a product like this, see at http://www.nasamarine.com/proddetail.php?prod=Supernova, much less expensive. I have it, not fitted yet.

Attilio & Maria Siviero 
Amel Santorin#84 “Sisila” in Rhodes

Il giorno 08 gen 2016, alle ore 13:07, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Hi Mark,

Yes, I've seen that too, but I'm sure the Manufacturer's specification of 10 to 28 volts is correct and the resellers have mistakenly posted it as 12 v through lack of familiarity with the product. 

I noticed a couple of resellers even copied the manufacturer's spec of 10-28v onto their sites and then added their own incorrect spec of 12v.

If you're uncomfortable with the info just contact Meghan Matthews, the owner of OGM, through the website. 

I used no voltage stabilizer (the SN is 12v, so transformer not an issue).   

Cheers,
Craig Briggs

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Craig,
Thanks for this referral. I had looked at these but was unsure about the voltage. On the resellers sites it list voltage specs as 9-16 vdc. 

On the OGM website it lists voltage specs as 10-28 vdc. Did you use a step down transformer or voltage stabilizer for your 24v installation? 

With best regards,
Mark
Super Maramu 2000 Hull #275 
www.creampuff.us  Currently cruising: Green Turtle Cay – Abaco Islands - Bahamas

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 9:47 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Combination anchor tri color light
---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

.....So at this point, I am looking at anything but Aquasignal. 

If you research a replacement unit and find something worthwhile, please post.

With best regards,
Mark

Mark and others - I'd highly recommend the OGM (Orca Green Marine) line. The intensity and frequency of the light make its visibility fantastic.  

We've got the TriColor/Anchor/Strobe/Photodiode (automatic anchor on-at-dusk off-at-dawn) combination model LXTA-SP. It's designed for 10 to 28 volts, (no DC voltage regulator needed) and draws only 0.33 amps at 12v (that's 0.16 at 24v on a SM.)

They list for $419US ($399 without the photodiode, but you'll want the photodiode) and you need their $49 switch and $40 bracket. Website is orcagreen dot com and they sell through the usual channels (West Marine, Defender's, etc.)

Installation is easy. Simply drill and tap (or thru-bolt) the bracket to the mast head plate, splice the supplied connector to the existing wires (using the +'s from the anchor and tricolor circuits and a -) and plug it in. The switch easily fits next to the existing panel.

Company is small and was very responsive after our first one was fried by lightning. Understandably no guarantee for that but company owner Meghan Matthews gave me a good discount on a replacement.

Cheers, Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.