Re: Teak Companionway "Cam Latches" replace the plastic thumb nuts

Miles Bidwell <mbidwell@...>

A more simple solution is to dril a hole in the companionway frame and
install a small sliding bolt lock. This is quick to use and leaves
the screw nuts in place so that they can be used to hold the
companionway slide at any desired height. This is not as pretty, but
it can be installed in less than 10 minutes and it will never ware out
or need adjusting.

Regards,

Miles Bidwell
LADYBUG

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jrjrjrouse2000"
<sailingjudy@...> wrote:

How many times have you turned and turned the campanionway plastic
thumb nuts to open and close the campanionway?

We have posted some photos of a solution that we really like. The
idea did not originate with us. Another Amel owner made a prototype
and we believe that we have perfected it.

See the photos and drawings we posted in a new album
titled "Campanionway Latches."

Regards,

Bill & Judy Rouse
SECURITY SM2 387