Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SSB Grounding

Paul Osterberg

Thank you!
Do you or anyone else know where the thick  (the thickest of man yellow and green ca 8 mm in diameter) yellow and green ground cable ends? it goes from a ground point behind the chart table after on starboard side and dissiperar  through the last bulkhead in to the after lasarett, then I have not yet been able to trace where it goes. But can it be connected with the copper ground strip for the SSB radio? or the zink anode?
According to one manual i found on the forum
"the SM 2000 has got in standard two ground plates on the rudder, used by the SSB system. If the boat hasen't got any SSB theses ground plates are connected to the zink anodes. When setting up a SSB, disconnect the ground plates of the anodes (behind the chart table)"
I guess the thick yellow and green ground is connected with either the ground plates or the Zink anodes.
Any light on this subject is highly apreciated
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM2K #259