Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SSB Grounding

Mark Erdos

Yes. There is a dedicated 20amp breaker for the SSB in the hanging locker by the nav station. This should go to the terminal label BLU. The SSB should be the only item on this circuit. From the terminal, you connect your 24v-12v step down isolated transformer and then connect the SSB to the transformer. I had a hard time finding an isolated transformer rated high enough for the power draw of the SSB. There are several discussions on this forum regarding this subject.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Marsh Harbor – Abaco Island – Bahamas