Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: 24 volt charger on Yanmar quit working causing DC panel light to indicate fault

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Will,
My unit is original Amel so don't think it was Balmar but not sure.  Unit was spray painted silver which covered label so need to do some investigating to determine which unit I have.  I'm still looking for fuse and regulator location.
Regards,

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jan 18, 2016, at 5:16 PM, tango708@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ben, Is your alternator a Balmar?  If so I believe that it is externally regulated.  I have experienced a couple of broken wires on my unit that were very easy to repair.  They were not Balmar problems but the result of bad crimps when installed.  Also, my unit does have an inline fuse.

Regards,
Will Stout
Anni Bea True
SM180