1987 Maramu offered for sale

curtepp

After 3 years of Caribbean cruising, we are deciding what to do next with our 1987 Amel Maramu, Languedoc.  We leave Grenada in Feb., destined for Puerto Rico in May.

Our original intent with our Maramu was to sail several years in the E. Caribbean, then go west and through the Canal, and up to Mexico.  But the time it takes to do so is not feasible for us.  So we will either sell the boat in the Caribbean or sail to the states and then up the east coast.

Languedoc has many, many upgrades.  A 2012 60 hp Cummins diesel, Hurth Transmission (rebuilt 2012), 5 KVA genset (rebuilt 2012), 2012 Victron Inverter/charger and Victron 240V-120V transformer, Air Breeze wind gen. rebuilt in 2015, AC electrical system new in 2012, standing rigging new in 2012, 2015 Rocna 73# anchor, and too much more to detail here.  The boat is in great condition, with only the cosmetic problem of sagging headliner in the two staterooms.  The most recent survey (2013) revealed no major issues.  The Highfield aluminum RIB is one season old, and complimented by KATO dinghy davits.  The hull and ballast are expoxied, topsides polished, and bottom painted with 5 gal. of Micron 66.  Languedoc is ready to go anywhere.  The sails are in good condition.  Everything works.

Like all Amels, this Maramu sails like a dream.  Strong, steady, calm and dry.  The only reason we are considering the sale is because we want to go back to cruising in the Pacific NW and if we can sell her in the Caribbean, we will buy another boat back home.

We can deliver the vessel in the E. Caribbean island chain. We expect to be in the Virgins by late March.

The price is $165,000.  Yes, we know that price is well above the most recent Maramu sales.  But Languedoc is ready to go anywhere and worth the extra money.  If someone wants to buy a boat to refit and fix up for cruising, or a liveaboard to sit on at anchor, Languedoc is not for you.  But on Languedoc the hard work has already been done and done right.

More info and complete specs are available from Curt Epperson, sail2live at hotmail dot com.