Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Cranks But Won't Start

Mark Erdos

Gary,

A few ideas:

An obstruction in the exhaust or air intake

Faulty stop solenoid

Is the preheat working correctly

If you have bled the fuel system and have fuel in the lines to the cylinders – perhaps a clogged injector

Also, I know you probably know this but be careful if the engine cranks but does not start. Remember to drain the water-lift muffler after a few cranks as the exhaust will not push the saltwater up the exhaust and it will back up into the pistons.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising: Marsh Harbour – Abaco Islands - Bahamas