Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Cranks But Won't Start

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Gary,

Think simple… if your engine starts then shuts down,  it is likely a fuel problem.

Good luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 20 Jan 2016, at 04:57, 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Gary.
Aletes’s Onan suffered similar symptoms this last spring after not being used for over 6 months. Check my posting Aug 1, 2015 “Onan generator will not run”. Carbon buildup at exhaust manifold/mixing elbow junction had restricted exhaust flow to the diameter of a pencil. Once relieve she started on the first bump.
Mike Ondra
Aletes SM#240