Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] winter marinas in Greece

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Yes there is a surge, but in winter time northerly isn't that common. Also if you moore your boat very thouroughly and thight and use big springs it is not a problem. The surge is not life threatning as it can be in other places.

Skickat från min iPad

21 jan. 2016 kl. 12:48 skrev pepinoamel <no_reply@...>:

Hi Attilio & Ann-Sofie,

Attilio thanks for the info regarding Rhodes marina.  I'll just wait till they install that breakwater and maybe it's an option then for winter.

Ann-Sofie thanks for the info regarding Agios Nicholaos. We have friends that have stayed there many times and we agree it's a beautiful place with a nice town but it seems to have a problem with a bad surge in strong northerlies.

We have been away for the last ten days and had no access to the internet, hence the late reply.

Many thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann

SM381 Pepino

Evia, Greece