change of magnesium anode on warm water maker

tonic102004 <paebersold@...>

Dear all

On my SM227 (Year 1998 delivery) I have a 45liter ATI Nautic boiler.
When I recently cleaned the boiler, I have seen that the magnesium
anode has gone totaly and has never been replaced! Now, I ordered a
replacement anode, but I am not sure how to fix it. It seems like the
anode is fitted on the heating element. Can I just use a cupper wire to
fix it on the heating element? Does it need to be fitted with a space
of a few millimeters between the anode and the heating element or can
it also be fitted directly on the heating element?

All kind of advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul