Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Sea Chest Specifications

Mark Erdos

Hi Gary,

On Cream Puff when the cap is off the strainer and the valve is open, water overflows the strainer. The top of the strainer is below the waterline. We tend to keep our diesel and water full. Not sure how much of a difference this would make and if it would be enough to raise the strainer above the waterline if the tanks were lighter.

We have ordered a replacement filter for the strainer. The strainer is Vetus seawater filter type 1320. Here is our contact for Vetus parts in the USA.

Michael T. Clark, Sales/Technical Support | Vetus Marine

135 Imperial Street | Merritt Island, FL 32952

Office: 321.454.3375 | Fax: 321.452.7966

mike.clark@... | www.vetusmarine.com

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising: March Harbour - Abaco Islands - Bahamas