Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: SM Sea Chest Specifications

James Studdart

Hello,
I bet you're about to get inundated with rather dull photos of sea chests!
BUT just incase, here is one from a recent visit (we've very nearly just
bought a SM2k). It's just the whole thing I'm afraid, I don't have one of
only the lid.

I hope it helps and I feel for you!

Cheers,
James.

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 6:49 PM amelliahona <no_reply@...>
wrote:

Thanks Alexandre, Mark and Andrew for your replies. Each was very
helpful. As to why I am concerned? This is such a critical system and a
leak could have such dire consequences, even with the sea-cock closed
slight leakage past the valve will eventually overflow the top of the
sea-chest (as most have noted). I feel very uncomfortable not having the
lid in place.

I have located a diver and I am trying to find a picture of the lid to
email to him so he knows what he's looking for/feeling for in the murky
water, yet having scanned every photo on this site and all, 2,400 pictures
I have taken of my boat and its systems, I can't find a single picture of
the sea-chest lid or even of the seachest/thru-hull. Boy, it just doesn't
get any photo respect.

Could someone take a pic of the sea-chest lid and one of the sea-chest so
that the diver will know what he is looking for and then my caretaker will
know where to put it. Please post here or just email the photos to me at
garysilver at mac dot com.

Thanks again for the replies, the information, and photos.

Sincerely,
Gary Silver
SM #335
S/V Liahona