Re: Congratulations Bill and Judy_AUTOHELM

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Bill,
first, our congratulation for circumnavigation !...we are on the way crossing the Indian Ocean to SA, next May/June.
I'm very curious about your experince with autohelm setup (resp/rudder/wind) with rolly sailing and swell.
All the best
Buon Vento
Marina&Gianni
sv EUTIKIA

Il 01/02/2016 19:29, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:

Next time you take the Genoa down, have a look at it. It's a simple spring-loaded arm that is opened as the mouse that raises the sail goes under it and then locks under the notch in the mouse.
To lower the sail raise the mouse that doesn't have a notch.  It raises the spring-loaded arm and unlocks the one holding the head of the sail, then comes down easily as there is no notch to catch the arm.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Feb 1, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Aras Grinius n33077@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Glad y'all made it across the pond safely.  Once you bring the boat back to Texas, will you go again?....Kidding.
Congrats to the both you for chronicling Amel's, your trip, and most of all being inspirational to the rest of us.

Quick question regarding the mouse clip.  Any chance you have a picture of what that looks like. I asked Amel and seem confused about what I was asking about.

Regards,

Aras
Sharki #163