Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib forestay / Mouse Assembly

Stephen Davis

Hey Aras,

The Amel furler and forestay configuration is a bit unusual, and most riggers have never seen one. In our case when the forestay was dry, we got a metal to metal screeching sound when we furled. We rebuilt the entire system last summer, coated the fore stay with super lube synthetic grease, and it is now smooth and quiet. The superlube is a nice product, as it is clear and less messy than conventional waterproof grease.

Good luck with the furler rebuild.

Steve and Liz
Aloha SM 72
St Martin

On Feb 4, 2016, at 12:12, n33077@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me why the jib forestay needs to be greased?  I took my forestay down to rebuild the electric motor and now I'm ready to put it back up.  Rigger and I curious why greasing the forestay is needed.

Also, Does anyone have a picture and nomenclature of the jib mouse assembly.   I do not have one and would to acquire for flying both jibs downwind.

I searched the forum but have not found anything substantive.

Thanks

Aras
Sharki # 163