Re: Freezer temperature

Alejandro Paquin

Hello Alan we have a Frigoboat freezer unit on our 1981 older Maramu, it is quite old, it is a 12V AV12 Danfoss compressor with the original BD102N3016 controller. I have seen max  -18º C in this unit, fully loaded and thermostat at the maximum setting. I normally sail in aprox. 25-30ºC ambient temperatures and it has worked well through the years. I recently bought a Control Module 12v DC (4 Pin) For Danfoss BD3 & Earlier Compressors from Penguin in the UK which is said to improve the efficiency of how the compressor operates. I keep the old one as a spare.
Regards,
Alex