Bottom paint

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Hi,

I was thinking of having the bottom of Kimberlite stripped and painted.

I have been using ablative paint for the last 13 years and the bottom is no longer fair, regardless of a number of heavy sandings. Has anyone had their boats bottom and keel media blasted?  Someone mentioned that media blasting will harm the gelcoat.

Also, would you recommend a barrier coat if I have the bottom paint removed to the gelcoat?

Was the original factory paint hard epoxy or ablative paint? What was applied to the keel?

Olivier, what would you recommend?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376