I do not know if the 1980 Sharki had this...I suspect no, but Joel Potter will know.

Bill
BeBe

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM, trailz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Great and timely information for us. We are about to take our Sharki out for anti fouling.
Bill do you know if Sharki’s built in 1980 also featured this propriety osmotic coat?
We are hauling out in Malaysia and plan to use Jotun Seaforce 90.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Warren and Zetta
Manon2
Sharki #15

Sent from Windows Mail

From: 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎12‎ ‎February‎ ‎2016 ‎7‎:‎04‎ ‎p.m.
To: 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners]

Eric,

I had BeBe hand scraped, then sanded in 2011. The original bottom paint was an International hard paint. There was no barrier coat because it is not needed on your Super Maramu as Amel has a propriety osmotic coat beneath the gelcoat...

I have always used International Micron 66 or Micron 77. I do not believe Micron 77 is available in the US or any country influenced by what the EPA allows...I have seen it here in Martinique. FYI, the EPA has not approved a single new bottom paint in the last 7 years (politics). Micron 77 is better than 66 because you can take 77 into fresh water...77 becomes inert after too much fresh water.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ian and Judy,

Did he actually use sand or another media?

Best

Fair Winds

Eric