To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:01:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Broken/Snapped drive shaft

Hi Paul,

Will Stout from SM Anni Bea True is anchored 100 yards off my bow here in St Martin. His email is wstout@mac dot com, and you should be able to text him at 206-841-9556.

I'll let him know you would like to talk to him when I see him tomorrow.

Regards,
Steve Davis
Aloha Sm72
St Martin

On Feb 10, 2016, at 15:35, Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve
Sorry for the delay in responding but Hotmail email has been. Who is Will and where is he located. We are now in St Thomas awaiting a new shaft assembly from Amel.
Thanks
Paul
SV NOMAD #362

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:53:24 -0400

Paul,

Just a thought...Fixing the problem in the BVI might be a little difficult due to lack of good marine resources, and knowledge of the Amel. Here in St Martin, the resources are much better, and it is only an 80 mile sail away. Also, Will has a special tool he had machined to help with the alignment process, and I'm sure he would let you use it. When Kent had his problem, he had it fixed in Puerto Rico, and he has the name of the mechanic who did the work.

Steve
Aloha Sm72
St Martin

On Jan 27, 2016, at 10:55, pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We have broken the shaft from the engine to the transmission. The shaft broke inside the Vetus Flex Coupling.
Has any one had to replace this part and if so how did it come off. Does Amel have a spare for this? We have emailed Amel and are awaiting their reply.

Paul & Susan LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently at anchor in Peter Island BVI