"Spare" sails

Paul Osterberg

A questions to you who have made longer trips type around the world. What are your advice to have spare sails aboard?

We have just bought new sails and are now wondering, shall we keep the old sails for spare if we by any reason would rip/destroy our new sails? We have one Genua in rather OK condition that we will probably keep, but the main sails need some stitching but then it will have a few years of service left. Mizzen we will not keep as not critical

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SN#259 preparing for a circle navigation