Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Facebook Group

Dimitris Krasopoulos

Dear Jay,

since one year I have developed an amelyacht owners group in Face book with a lot of participants. You can also join if you have not already

It is not wise to have two groups with the same purpose

Best Regards

Dimitris Krasopoulos
Mob:+306944302318

All,

I want to first thank you all for the valuable information you have provided in my relatively short time here. There are some very knowledge people here that provide great input and experience that is invaluable.

That being said, it would be useful to move to a more modern forum - a Facebook Group. Since joining this forum in November, I have received over 1,200 emails from the group. That is great but a huge amount of correspondence to add to my email. Facebook would allow everyone to take part in conversations, send links, pictures, etc. and be notified if there is additional content on the subject.

The new website, www dot amelowners dot net, could be the support mechanism to the conversations taking place on Facebook. You could even link the new website without fear of your message getting rejected. Facebook would allow you to post a question or thought with supporting pictures and documentation. People can then respond with their input and pictures. We would also have a better platform to correspond directly using the PM function.

I am the Chief Client Officer for an IT company and struggle with user acceptance and adoption on a daily basis. There is a "frustration bell curve" to any new solution that needs to be overcome. I know that it may be hard for some of you to transition away from yahoo forums but this is a truly archaic communication platform. Change can be difficult but would benefit this group tremendously in the end.

I have created a Facebook group called Amel Owners - please join it. It is a private group but anybody can join; all you have to do is search for the group name "Amel Owners." Current members approve new members. I do not want the monopoly on admin rights for the group.

I think that once you see the power/capabilties of the Facebook groups you all will be very excited.

I look forward to seeing youu there and please let me know if you need help joing the group or facebook.

Best Regards
Jay
S/V Hobo Tiempo currently in Lewes, DE