Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Facebook Group

Nat Bossett

I agree with the group that prefers email as a fully supported way to use
the group. Fully supported, not seeing message excerpts and "click here
to see more and reply!"

The existing Facebook group is quite nice for people swapping pics and
stories.

But, Facebook is:
Bandwidth intensive
Horrible for archives (searching past posts)
awkward for people who are often away from the internet for a while.

I would prefer to see the group stay together, not fragment. Perhaps if
people like the new mailing list, the two lists (there and yahoo) could be
joined together so that posts to one are automatically cross-posted.

We should also avoid a something too dependent on one person- they might
go cruising, get sick for a while, or simply need to move on to other life
activities.

-Nathan

Maramu #29