Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow thruster repair

Beaute Olivier

Hi Paul,

the lip should face the oil, the flat side facing the prop. If you put it the other way, you may damage the lip while pushing the seal in. You should put a seal with a double lip.

Olivier.

On Monday, February 22, 2016 10:28 AM, "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hello!
I'm still uncertain in which way to put the lip seal back, the one sealing the propshaft.
When looking at the pictures it looks as if the flat side is face towards the propeller, i.e keeping oil from going out. I would think it should be the open side the one with the spring facing the propeller to keep water from geting into the bowthruster.
Please enlighten me

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259