Re: mini-m

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

John,
My question was about the way that Amel mounts the mini-m
It is mounted on a bracket between the backstays.
i was wondering what effect that would have on an insulated backstay.
I was wondering if anyone had that setup installed on their sm and
its effect on the ssb reception/transmission.
fair winds,
eric

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., jfolino901 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
--- In amelyachtowners@y..., kimberlite1212 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
does anyone have a mini-m phone installed on a insulated
backstay?
thanks
eric
ERIC,
I DON'T THINK THIS WILL WORK. THE ANTENNA FOR THE MINI-M CONTAINS
SPECIAL DISH THAT IS ORIENTED BY INTERNAL SERVO MOTORS TO AIM AT
THE
SATELLITE AND READJUSTS ITS AIM AS THE BOAT PITCH, YAWS AND MOVES
ABOUT. THE MINI-M HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A STAY AS A SSB MIGHT!
JOHN