Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries - What type house batteries to use & what voltage charge from Solar/Wind?

Nat Bossett

I recently replaced a set of 12V wet cells. The wet cells lived a good,
long life so no complaints.

I replaced them with 12V Trojan AGM's (8D size) a few months ago- working
great so far but I haven't spent more than a day or two off the grid yet.

Next time will probably be Lithium to take advantage of the better final
charge stage characteristics and lack of need to put heavy amps into them
to top them off periodically. I have a few hundred watts of solar but no
wind power.

-Nathan

Maramu #29