Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Batteries - What type house batteries to use & what voltage charge from Solar/Wind?

jjjk12s@...

Colin,

The caps on the Trojan T105s just press on and one long cap does the three cells. Since it's best to inspect them now and again not much effort to top up manually, once a month maybe and especially if working hard.

When my boat was in Brisbane 4 years ago I think they were about $200 each. I bought some new ones in Cairns recently $250 each. I thought they would be more because of the lower exchange rate.

John, Maramu #91 Popeye