From: anniemno1
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water Tank Refinishing

Captain Nick,

Thanks for the very helpful reference. The other issue is surface
preparation. Was advised by a marine surveyor in Houston (Mike
Firestone) to water blast the tank with a media such as walnut shells
prior to application of the resin.

Will advise all of success of process.

John

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "koutsoukos Nikos"
<koutsoukosnikos@...> wrote:

> Hallo I am Nick and owner of a kirk i am master mariner and
sailing atanker at the moment in north sea ,I suggest what we use in
the ships ,a heavy duty one as follows.
> A good coating of a well known company is INTERNATIONAL :
INTERLINE 850 (WHITE OR BUFF) PRODUCT CODE:TLA 850/A
> Surface preperation :sand paper or grinding ,cleaning.
> Dry film thikness (dft 125 microns about two coatings with
roller),touch dry at 25deg C 5 hrs ,overcoating at same temp. min
8hrs max 30 days