Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maintenance SSB antenna

Alan Leslie

The insulated triatic is not useable as an SSB antenna.To answer the question though, the core of the coax is connected to the insulated triatic, the shiled is not connected to anything.
The triatic may work as a weatherfax receiver (its original intention) but as an SSB antenna it is useless...I know from experience.
I connected my antenna wire from the tuner to the main backstay and it worked well. WE now have an insulated backstay for our SSB antenna...insulated only to prevent shocking the crew...the Amel rig is not grounded.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437